Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bald-Headed Woman Playing Bolley Ball?

So I have this friend who told me she (or he, I'm not supposed to tell) up until two years ago, thought the word was "Bolley Ball" instead of Volleyball. She's 23. What?

Hey, ready to go to the bolley ball game? Let's all watch them play bolley ball!!

I have another friend who thought the Bee Gees were singing "Bald-headed Woman. Bald-headed woman to me-e-e" instead of "More than a woman."

Another friend thought Carly Simon was singing, "I had some dreams. They were grounds in my coffee, grounds in my coffee and You're So Vain." (1 min. 22 sec. mark)

People. We can do better. (You got any stories?)

6 comments:

Jamie said...

hey - it's a hard distinction: volleyball vs bollyball.

Emily & Richard said...

A doggy-dog world ("A dog-eat-dog world")

Anonymous said...

How about "He's got a chicken giraffe" instead of "He's got a ticket to ride?" (John Lennon is rolling over in his grave!)

Clay Brown said...

How about someone who thought this in Hotel California? "On a dark, desert highway, Cool whip in my hair"

Anonymous said...

U2's song With or with out you.

We thought we found you.

Linda Liebhardt said...

What is it if not "grounds in my coffee?" I STILL think it's that. Even with the clip (because in a library you have to keep the volume down low)