Monday, January 28, 2008

Help Jay Leno

You can tell the writers' strike has left some shows void of clear thinking because if you have Comcast cable TV and read the description (Info button) on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno--you know, the bait, the lure, the tease, the grabber to get you to watch--you'll read every night:

"Tonight Show with Jay Leno. The venerable show that became one of TV's sturdiest (and most profitable) institutions."

And that's supposed to draw you in?? Okay, isn't that wrong on about FOUR counts?
1. Venerable? Venerable? Oh yeah "commanding respect because of great age." That's what I've been LOOKing for.
2. One of TV's sturdiest... "Hey, honey, are there any STURDY shows on tonight? And I want the STURDIEST, not some runner-up. It's been a tough day."
3. And most profitable! Oh yeah, I ONLY want to view PROFITable shows tonight -- no money losers. Not wastin' MY time.
4. And finally, they used "institutions." Does that inspire me? I'll see your instiTUTion and raise you 3 up-and-comers.

Meanwhile, Letterman had Jessica Alba, Julie Chen and the Whigs. Hmmm.

3 comments:

Steph H said...

I love seeing that great PR brain at work!

Anonymous said...

Well Tim, here is your chance to do your "dream job" (remember the conversation on the way to Sparky's?) I think you should submit some of your material to the tonight show. Admit it, they need you.

Clay Brown said...

You've inspired me. I'm moving to BevHills. Or maybe I'll just email him. Watch for my jokes. If you see Jay say something REALLY funny next week, well. . . you know whom to thank, hank.