Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Be the Wit of the Party--Guaranteed.

Okay for fun, try this ONE time this week because sometimes THIS is the most clever--yet random--thing to say in a group.

Here it is: "Yeah, I dated someone like that once."


But it's best used when someone says something totally off-concept, like, "That looks way old or That tastes sweet or I can't find the rhythm. I need an oil change. The fridge is on the blink. I have a rash. My heater broke. The mailman's always late. That's yucky. I had a wreck today."

(And then YOU naturally say) "Yeah, I dated someone like that once."

The phrase works every time. (And if it ever, ever doesn't--unlikely--just look at everyone like it really DID but they just didn't get it.) So be BRAVE, take a risk, have fun, try it just once and then Watch Wit Grow. Yeah, I dated someone like that once.

1 comment:

vallarsen49 said...

So I went to two parties the weekend after you posted this, and no lie, it really did work, as long as I didn't use it with people who knew about the "challenge". SO how did you come accross that anyway?

Val