Monday, January 7, 2008

Tooth This

I'm all for technology. In fact, I hang out at the electronics stores just to fuss with the latest. But I don't get the whole Blue Tooth thing with people wearing them in meetings (not on a call) or in the restroom (not on a call) or eating lunch and not on a call. That makes no sense to me. Is it THAT hard to dismantle Tooth from Ear?

One night I was at a nice place for dinner and saw two couples at another table with the macho-looking man was wearing the Tooth -- ALL through dinner. Was it a fashion statement? (Ugly.) Was he expecting a call that couldn't wait? (Macho does not mean important.) Did he forget it was attached to his ear? What was the point? He looked like an IDIOT.

For the love of it all, can't we just agree that, 1. Technology is great; and 2. We're not going to be stupid about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agreed! Stupid and pretentious , unless you are actually on a call while driving or something. But I STILL love technology! (name the movie)

Clay Brown said...

What MOVIE? How should I know? That's a tough one. Maybe I should Vote for Pedro and find out.