Saturday, May 3, 2008

Stop at 4

So yesterday, I'm waiting for the train and strike up a conversation with someone who seems like he's a weathered 63-year-old with long curly hair (I like long hair, having lived through the 70s). And in no time, he's saying he has a good life because of 5 things:
1. I'm still breathing, he said as he tapped his chest (I'm thinking, "Uh, yeah, good thing.");
2. Have a roof over my head;
3. I've never been hungry. (Good to know);
4. I know who I am. (Never a bad thing, especially if you win some money and have to identify yourself); and, as he raised his hand, he concluded,
5. I can still wipe my butt.

WHOA. Hey, Buddy! Too Much Info!

Couldn't we have just STOPPED at #4?? I could've gone ALL week not hearing that. (But NOW the visual is forEVER seared in my brain. Dang!)

I smiled in disbelief, nodded, turned and left, you know, without shaking hands.

6 comments:

vallarsen49 said...

waiting for the train? which train? Are you on the east coast??

Allen Family said...

Awesome-ness! Made me laugh out loud!

Steph H said...

Wow that's so lovely. He gave you that mental image and then here you are.. sharing it with the masses. Can we thank you enough?

Kelly Jean said...

Ha ha ha ha. I love this story. I've even heard it in person, and my eyes are watering up from laughing so hard. Wow. That story's a keeper. Good thing he didn't go on to #6!

Anonymous said...

Makes you wonder what 6, 7 and 8 are. Or not.

Natalie said...

My goodness that's good stuff! I can perfectly picture that last sentence! Trains + Long-haired strangers = Unforgettable stories