Thursday, May 1, 2008

Birds I've Heard

I like birds. I think they offer a nice dimension, flying around like they do. But WHY do they have to start chirping at 4:30 in the MORNING? I've been awakened by them as early as 3:37. Why, I ask?

I know the young ones want breakfast, but can't Mom & Dad just get the worms or bugs or granola bars or whatever and lay them on the branch the night before?

And once they've swallowed, can't they just smile and say, "Thank You." Or just whisper to each other through the whole ordeal? I mean, aren't they all in the SAME tree anyway?


I'm not asking for much. I just want my sleep.

3 comments:

vallarsen49 said...

Things that are likable: 1

Things that bug: 17

Although the Things that bug tend to be my personal favorite because they're generally hilarious- I don't know that this ratio really reflects who you ARE. But then if it weren't YOU, you wouldn't post it...hm

Clay Brown said...

Two responses:
1. Yeah, that bugs; or
2. Things that bring smiles: 20
Things to ponder (for the deep thinkers): 24

Your call.

Kelly Jean said...

I completely agree! In fact, when I was at Lake Powell with Lauren a couple years ago, those dang crows wouldn't stop crowing at the wee hours of the morning... eventually her brother in law threw rocks at them. I would've felt a little bit bad, but they only got quiet for a few minutes -- actually more like 42 seconds... then they went at it again. ShEEeesh. Dang birds never learn. Actually, I like the chirp when I'm awake... but let me wake up first, THEN start chirpin.