Thursday, December 20, 2007

Drive Thru's Scare

Drive-thrus scare me. They honestly make my heart race. First, I can't even come to a stop before they greet with, "Welcome! May I take your order??" Yeah, I KNOW they're trying to be prompt, but some of us need a moment and I think they should know their customers.

Next, the menu boards intimidate. To me, it's like one of those Chinese menus with 372 ways to mix rice and chicken. I get lost--instantly. I can't find the burger or the taco or the drinks or the shakes and the more I look, the more lost I am. All I see is a BLUR of options like all OVer the place. All the while, I KNOW everyone behind me already knows what THEY want and I feel like they're bumping my bumper to get through.

I sometimes cheat by rolling down my window early--even when it's freezing--and listening in on the order ahead of me. At Wendy's, I can hear three orders ahead because of the wrap-around. But it's good because it gives me ideas and options, which is what I need when I'm at the drive-thru.

Another annoyance is going through lines where you have to decide EVERY little thing about your order--lettuce? cheese? which kind? bread? toasted? pickles? sweet or dill?

Hey, Hey, Hey, can't you just GIVE me whatever your RESEARCH people team group back there in that little room showed worked with most folks? Just whatever the best thing that goes with the meatball sandwich--THAT's what I want. I don't know. Mayo? Mustard? Provolone? I'm a guy. Just put whatever MOST people put on it and QuitLookinAtMeThatWay. In reality, you WANNA be on my good side. I have MONEY you want.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Ah too funny!! I love how you write it with capitals, bolding, no spaces! I can FEEL the emphasis and it's like I'm right there face to face. Nice job.

Oooh, make sure you can watch them make your food...you have the money, they have the spit. I don't want to be intimidated and let the power to go to their head - but I also don't want to get sick. Fine line with fast food.