Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Merry Christmas, Jon

Popular Radio Personality Jon Carter, from 103.5 The Arrow, is a riot. I just saw him at The Gateway shopping (I suppppooose) and he's always one to make you laugh. It's not jokes, just quips, wit, timing with a nonstop smile. And I returned the favor (yet OBVIOUSLY not as skillfully as he).

So we start to part and I say, "Merry Christmas, Jon!" which is key cause you always want to be the first to say that. Because if you're NOT, you'll do what everyone does -- and Jon did -- which is, "Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to you, too." Which is totally like NOT sincere. It's more like a "Oh, I forgot and NOW I have to respond but I really couldn't care less but I HAVE to say SOMEthing. After all, t'is the season, so blah, blah, blah."

So you can't win. Even if you say it, you can't. But you HAVE to say it. So, in reality, to get the most punch, you wanna say it FIRST. And there's no way to recover if you don't. Except for what Jon did, which was say, "And have a Happy New Year, too!" Dang him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading this blog thoroughly, I will never respond to any of Tim's "Merry Christmases" or "Happy New Year's" or "Love You, Mans" with "hey, Merry Christmas to you, too!" because I now know that he's over there thinking:
"YES! I beat him to the punch... and now if he says it back to me, it's totally insincere...."
So from now on I'll respond simply in the manner of someone who is hearing impaired: "I CAN'T hear you"....

Clay Brown said...

Hey, Levi...Happy President's Day!