Saturday, December 8, 2007

John Mayer

How could you NOT like anything John Mayer? Or Counting Crows (and NO, they don't sound like yelling). Or James Taylor. Not so sure about Michael Buble, cuz SOME stuff is great, but I fear he's gonna sound alike in all his songs, kinda like Josh Groban, and I KNOW Josh is great, but . . .

John Denver kinda had that problem. While likable, he had a lot of his songs sounded alike. But, hey, not James Taylor. And Jack Johnson kinda does but he can get away with it. Why is that? Is it the island that sucks us in? And what about Del Paxton? Yay? Nay? (Name that movie.)

7 comments:

Natalie said...

All good good good! Dave Matthews! Jazon Mraz! Coldplay! What about Rob Thomas? (Liked him since Matchbox) John's my absolute favorite though..."Say" - can't get enough of it!!

Kelly Jean said...

Mmmmm. Love John Mayer. That's right. I said LOVE.

Anonymous said...

john mayer is amazingly good looking. that's all i need to like him. ;)

Clay Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clay Brown said...

Lauren, I don't doubt your assessment of John Mayer (but you're a girl; I'm a guy. You know your stuff with guys, I assuuuume), but, and this will take candid admission: Do you think John would be that level of good-looking IF he didn't play such amazing music? I mean, really, how much DOES the superb musical talent play into a woman's assessment? We're friends. You can share.

Anonymous said...

I think he's CUTE. I couldn't care less (yes, I'm saying it wrong... sue me!!) about his guitar skillz. Dude is good lookin'....

vallarsen49 said...

That thing you do- "you are my biggest fan"