Monday, December 17, 2007

Words

So because we all speak English, we have an obligation to use it to explore, to reach out, to make the world a better place. Here's the challenge: Sometime this week, use the phrase, "That's how I roll" in a sentence.

AND to win points, you have to make it natural, make it sound like you. Say it like you've said it a HUNDRED times, even though, well, we all know. . .

Variations include: "This is how I roll" and "Just how I roll." So any of those count. Using them more gains more points. Keep track of your own scores. I know I will because, well, that's how I roll. Whoa. So easy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So easy! Like not even a challenge. It could be a challenge, though, if you add the requirement to say it with a bad British accent. Then it would be 'words.'

Clay Brown said...

You know, a bad British accent is an art, and I'm not sure most are up for it. BUT you, Miss Liza Jane, if that IS your real name, might find THIS a challenge: Say "Bloke" in a sentence AND do it in such a way that it sounds natural. No cheating.

Fortunately, using a bad British accent with "bloke" is perfectly acceptable, but don't expect such allowances with EVERY word/phrase/words that we'll challenge. Good luck, mate.

Steph H said...

I totally used it yesterday (without even knowing about the challenge)! It just flowed so naturally as if I've just always been a down home brother. Word. Diggity.